Thursday, December 31, 2009

Links

My past two posts have been very text heavy.
Here are some links to keep you entertained.

freerice.com <--This knowledge game site is surprisingly fun. You answer the clues that appear, and for every question that you get right, ten grains of rice go to the hungry. The most famous game involves vocabulary words, but you can also play for

chegg.com <--This site is the treasure at the end of the rainbow for poor college students. For a discounted price, you can rent your textbooks instead of buying them. The products ship really quickly too.

http://www.talkaboutcoffee.com/how_much_is_too_much.html <--Coffee is a popular and delicious stimulant. If I ate a piece of chocolate every time that I heard someone say, "I'm drinking coffee to stay up," "I need coffee," or "I can't live without coffee," I wouldn't be able to manage my extreme massiveness. Read this article to learn how much is too much.

http://www.mitadmissions.org/topics/life/workplay_balance_at_mit/50_things.shtml <--My friend Phyllis posted this on her blog. These are definitely things that people should remember when they part for upper level education.

http://admissions.rutgers.edu/blogs/students/ <--Speaking of Phyllis....She and her dedicated team of RU bloggers detail the freshman experience from their perspectives. Phyllis and David write my favorite blogs. :)


ifwerantheworld.com <--This site strives to bring about social change. It's still looking for people to help get it started, so if you have any ideas...Visit the site!

madebysurvivors.com <--Looking to purchase something ethically made online? This site discusses human trafficking and what it is doing to combat it. There are blogs and statistics.The site itself exists to sell products made by trafficking survivors. Educate yourself and take a look.

www.hulu.com <--Finding favorite episodes of new TV shows with only a day wait? Need I say more?

childrentochildren.org <--This is truly inspiring. A nine (!!) year old child set up this project to donate duffel bags and stuffed animals to foster children who leave their place of residence with only a trash bag and a few personal possessions. The site shows you her blog, the origins of the project, and what you can do to help her cause.



I'll post more as I find them.



1 comment:

  1. Good picks! :)

    I LOVE the MIT Student bloggers. LOVE. Have you read any of the other entries? Yan is my favorite student blogger. She has a really spunky writing style, and she posts photos of food. :P

    I was so happy to get rid of my Expos book. Thank you, Chegg :P

    ReplyDelete